Dakota Collectibles Corporate Information:
Terms of Service
Dakota Collectibles copyrights its artwork. The copyrights cover all the
designs displayed in its catalogs, flyers, home embroidery collections, all promotional advertising, this
website and the design software which reproduces those designs. Dakota Collectibles is prosecuting copyright
infringements to the fullest extent of the law. You cannot legally copy Dakota Collectibles' artwork or
design software, by any means, such as, for example, scanning, photocopies, or electronic tranfer. The copyrights
protect your best interests, as well as ours.
When you purchase a Dakota Collectibles' stock embroidery design, you only obtain a license to embroider that
design on fabric at one location. Buying, selling, trading, sharing or copying our artwork or design software
is a violation of copyright law. Preventing illegal copying of our designs and design software will help to
bring new and creative designs to you. If you, or anyone you know, has been contacted to buy, sell, trade,
or copy our artwork or software designs, please
contact Dakota Collectibles.
Making a copy, by any means, of Dakota Collectibles' artwork or design software is a violation of copyright law.
The design software is licensed to the original customer for embroidery use at one location. © 1990 - 2017
Dakota Collectibles. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
EMBROIDERY SOFTWARE LICENSE
- LICENSE: The design software is licensed to the original customer for embroidery use at one location.
The use of the software at more than one location is a violation of copyright law.
- COPYRIGHTS: The stock embroidery designs and the design software, are owned and copyrighted by
Dakota Collectibles and are protected by United States copyright laws and international treaties.
You may not copy the software except: a) you may make one copy of the software for back-up or
archival purposes; and b) you may transfer the software onto a hard drive provided you keep the
original solely for back-up or archival purposes. You may not copy the designs or the catalog, flyers,
or other printed materials which accompany the software, by use of any media.
- OTHER RESTRICTIONS: You may not rent, lease, or share the software. You may permanently transfer the
software to another person provided that you transfer this license and the software together; do not
retain any copies of the software; and the recipient agrees to the terms of this license.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: Dakota Collectibles' liability and your exclusive remedy for a defective product
shall be either a) replacement of defective software or b) a return of the purchase price paid for the
- LIMITATION OF DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT SHALL DAKOTA COLLECTIBLES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROFITS, ETC.) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR LOSS OF USE OF THE
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF DAKOTA COLLECTIBLES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states
do not allow the exclusion of this liability, so this limitation may not apply to you.
- REPRODUCTION AND SALES OF EMBROIDERED GOODS: This license allows you to sew the designs on fabric.
You may then sell, trade, or give away the embroidered goods which have the designs on them.
- LICENSED SOFTWARE: Dakota Collectibles has obtained licenses to distribute designs owned by other companies. These licenses may contain restrictions upon the sale and use of these designs. Generally, these designs cannot be sewn on items for resale. Please review the appropriate Embroidery Software License for these restrictions.